|After seeing this Pinterest pic, I suddenly want gold sequined shorts....|
Yesterday was crazy times at work , so unfortch, blogging took a backseat. We are so busy right now, but I think I speak for all of my co-workers when I say we are blessed to have job security!
Today, being Thursday and all, is a great day to talk randomness, wouldn’t you say?
1. So I have a burn on my neck right now from a Chi ironing accident that looks like a hickey. It is SO embarrassing, because I’m pretty sure the entire room was staring at it during a meeting on Tuesday at work. This one guy kept zoning in on it and I could literally feel myself turning red. Anywho, scarves have been my saving grace this week.
2. Have any of you tried the new cake pops at Starbucks lately? I had the Birthday Cake Pop Tuesday afternoon and it was divine. The most perfect size for when you just need a bite of something sweet, ya know? Next, I want to sample the Rocky Road pop….yum!
3. I meant to write about this eons ago, but, as my prologue implied, life has been flying by at eleventy thousand miles per hour lately. My sweet bloggy friend Lindsay (who most of you know, because her blog is AWESOME- Lee La La) made me this super cute word painting for my fiancé’s (and soon to be my) house!
We can’t wait to hang it on the wall when we move in together in September! If you want one for yourself, go visit Lindsay’s store on Etsy and order one! She did mine in custom dark brown and off-white to match our décor!
4. I got my ring sized shortly after our engagement in January, but it’s still quite a bit too big. I’m worried if I get it sized again that it will warp the ring. Do y’all know if sizing a ring more than one time will distress it? It’s a gorgeous ring and I want to maintain the integrity of it, but I also don’t want to lose it because it is too large! Advice appreciated.
5. One of the things that amazes me about being newly engaged is the kinds of questions people have the nerve to ask. They aren’t mean spirited at all, just a wee bit nosey : ) That’s due largely in part because we live in the South- a region where everybody NEEDS to know everybody else’s business. I had not one, but TWO people ask me last week if we were going to have babies within the year.
Dang Gina, let us get down the aisle first, will ya?!
Yes, some day we will probably have kiddos (probably…some of the children I’ve been around lately make me think we might be better off with dogs- ha!), but we want a couple years to ourselves to just being a married couple. We want to travel and dine out in peace and quiet and sleep a solid 8 hours through the night and be able to pack up and go at a moment’s notice for an impromptu weekend trip or get-together : )
I digress…but I know y’all know what I’m talking about. Plus we’ll have our niece Ava. We can spoil her rotten and send her home to Sarah and Zach haha : )
Alrighty, I’m off to work now! Come on back tomorrow for some pre-weekend, blogging fun!
Be blessed, lovelies-