‘Ello, bunnies. It’s Friday and we are confessing!
1. I confess that I have a new clutch in my life and she's absolutely perfect, (and GOOOOLD.) Where did I find her? Oh, you know, Riffraff. She was part of the December 2013 "Love, Riffraff" Club box. Sign up each month to receive a surprise box from Riffraff, sort of like Birchbox, for only $50. Each month includes a clothing item and coordinating accessory with a style guide to show you how to wear it. It's like having a personal stylist, but for way less moo-lah.
2. I confess that I’m not a new mom who’s itching to get back into the gym. Has my body changed shape? Yes, a bit. Is this something that keeps me up at night? No way. I do not love the treadmill. I loathe weights. I don’t care for sweating. No need to go all crazy and try for six-pack abs or anything. My cardio consists of higher intensity stroller walks with Cee and my weight training is lifting her up and down eleventy million times per day. Has my body changed shape? Yes, a bit. Is this something that keeps me up at night? No way. I’ll take my hippier hips any day of the week over busting my hump to attain a physique that probably – let’s be honest – ain’t gonna happen for this post-Caesarean body anyway ; )
3. I confess that one of my goals this year is to meet new friends! I want so badly to connect with you gals outside of blogging and such, so the Mom Talk chat sessions and Northwest AR mommy meet-ups are my attempt to do this. I highly encourage all of you girls who have kiddos or are expecting (or think you might want to be a momma some day), to join the chat group I’m organizing. Also, if you live in NWA, hit me up for details about the playgroup/meet-up. It’s going to be super casual and will definitely take place on a day and time in which all moms, both SAHMs and working moms, can participate.
4. I confess that I shot some outfit photos yesterday (see Confession #1) and It. Felt. Great. Sometimes, it’s good for the soul to put on a cute outfit, slap on some make-up and run a curling iron through the ol’ locks. Mommas need to feel sexy, too. (Can I get an ‘amen’?)
5. I confess that I just about fell over when I read somewhere that Brad Pitt is now FIFTY. As in 5-0. Let’s read this together slowly: we now live in a world where Bradley Pitt, Mr. Smith himself, qualifies for an AARP card. Good lord.
6. I confess that I was at the Dillard’s annual New Year’s Day sale on Wednesday and some lady literally TOOK a set of sheets from my hand. And I said nothing. Not a word. I think I may have even smiled at her. This year, perhaps I should learn to stand up for myself.
7. I confess that I have the Scentsy Cider Mill brick burning right now and it makes me want a Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice soooooo badly. And now, I’m deciding if I need to put on real pants instead of these sweats to go get one.