Annnnnnd, it's that time of the week again. I swear, these weeks are flying by now that we have a kiddo. But enough about that, let's get to confessin'!
1. I confess that tonight we're going on our FIRST DATE since having Caroline! Yes, our daughter is four months old. But. BUT, we've been tied up every weekend since her birth it seems, and she was ill for most of January and February, thanks to daycare. Finally, finally, mommy and daddy are going out on the town! Ladies, if you don't have kids yet, please do not take these special times with your partner for granted. They are all too rare when the babies show up : )
2. I confess that I had an amazing day at work yesterday brainstorming with my team on upcoming projects. I honestly love my job. It's cool to say that I get paid to go to an office and use my imagination and creativity all day. Plus, days like yesterday really do make me happy that I still get to be a work-out-of-the-home mom a couple days a week.
3. I confess that I ate half a sleeve of Thin Mints in one setting Monday night.
4. I confess that I absolutely consider hauling my daughter's carseat around (with her in it) as exercise. Have you ever tried lifting one of those puppies? Heavens to Brenda, y'all.
5. I confess that WE GOT DAVE MATTHEWS TICKETS for his Tulsa show in May and I could faint from excitement. I'm now on the search for the perfect boho chic dress and shoes for our evening with Mr. Matthews.
Your turn, gals.
Before I had Caroline, I had one teeny little tube of concealer in my make-up bag, (all the mommas are now chuckling and nodding their heads.)
During those first few days we had her home, I realized that I needed a dadgum arsenal of concealers – concealers to hide the evidence of those 5:00 a.m. feeding sessions, when little bit loved to party.
|Ignore gigantic, ridiculous selfie from this morning...I needed a pic and sadly, Caroline can't operate our DSLR yet ; )|
Now that she’s sleeping like a good four-month-old should, my concealer is simply what I use as quick fix when I’m short on time for applying all-over makeup.
I wrote about the bareMinerals Well-Rested Eye Brightener in this post, but lately, I’m loving NYX Concealer in a Jar ($4.99 from Ulta). I can pop a little smudge under each eye, dust on a little Ben Nye Banana Powder and then get on with my day. (I wear the 'Yellow' shade.)
I’m also a big fan of Smashbox High Definition Concealer, if I'm looking for something during the humid months.
To be fair, I’ve heard unbelievable things about Yves SaintLaurent Touche Eclat, but I just can’t fathom spending almost $50 on concealer (oh yes, 5-0). For $50, it ought to include the professional make-up fairy to come and apply it each morning. But, hey, if Caroline ever goes into the dreaded sleep regression, I may just buy a little tube of the stuff.
Desperate times and desperate measures and so forth…
I apply in the boomerang pattern: small dots under each eye, then dotted around the periphery of each eye in the shape of a boomerang.
Have you found a concealer that you love?
One color that always makes me long for warmer weather? Mint.
So, one could understand why I flipped my lid when I saw this mint shift dress on Impressions’ website a couple weeks ago. One could also see why I nearly lost all composure when I saw a coordinating necklace. If, in fact, if ever does warm up, you can bet your Birkin bag I’ll be wearing this ensemble every chance I get. (Pretty dresses and accessories have a tendency to make me lose my ever-loving mind, you see.)
Here are a few tips for pulling off this look during winter:
1. Get a tan! Mint can be super tricky to pull off without looking pasty, so be sure to hit the spray tanning booth before sporting this fresh color during the cooler months.
2. Rock some big sunnies! Because little sunnies are for wimps. And we aren't wimps around this blog, are we?
3. Get nude! As in lipstick or lip gloss...but please do wear clothes.
|Also? I am still married, ha! I took them to get cleaned and adjusted yesterday ; )|
Here are a few other spring-inspired goodies from Impressions that I plan to purchase for myself STAT! (Oh, and all of these items are also Made in the U.S.A!)
Which color has you longing for spring and summer? Maybe if we all think positive thoughts, spring will get here quickly.
Until tomorrow, bunnies.