Time for the second part of the "Getting to Know You" link-up! Here are the answers to the questions I put up, so remember to link up and use this template to help us get to know you even more. Non-bloggers simply answer the questions in a comment!
1. What's your middle name? Paige.
2. If you could live anywhere else in the world where would you live? In the world? Somewhere on the Amalfi Coast in Italy. In the U.S? Northern California. I die for San Francisco. The people are so nice, the scenery is stunningly beautiful and the food...oh my, the food (!!)
3. Tell us about your guilty pleasures.
My reigning guilty pleasure is MTV's Real World: Explosion. Pretty much any type of terrible reality show will do nicely in a pinch, though. Other than that, Chick-Fil-A and full-fat Starbucks lattes. You can have all your sugar-free, fat-free nonsense. I want the chubby version.
4. What do you like best about your job? If you weren't doing that, what career would you have pursued?
I love writing, especially writing for the clients at the marketing/PR firm where I work. I love when a client says, "I just don't know how to describe what I want in words." Then I get to say, "Well, that's my job." I love the creative process of getting inspired, and then crafting a first draft, then reading it so much that I hate that first draft, getting frustrated, and then getting inspired again. I love the purging of thoughts and words, and most of all, the writer's block that always occurs right before the breakthrough. And I live for the moment that the words in my head land on a page with sweet satisfaction.
I adore the freedom that being in this line of work offers. I could never crunch numbers - the thought makes me break out in hives. (No really, I used to break into a cold sweat in math class whenever I'd get called to work out an equation on the board.)
If I weren't writing, I'd be a broadcast journalist. In fact, that's what my degree was in until one day I'd had enough of being in front of the camera and decided that I'd focus solely on the writing component.
I've never regretted it.
5. Five items you'd grab during a fire. (People and pets don't count. Those are a given.)
My paternal great grandmother's wedding band, which she gave to my Memaw, then she gave to me and someday I'll bestow upon Caroline. All three of us wore it on our wedding days and I hope Cee does too, if she chooses to marry one day.
|The ring is the gold band on my right hand. So special.|
Other than that, I'd take my purse, my wedding dress, my favorite quilt that my maternal grandmother made and Caroline's baby box, which contains her hand and footprints, the clothes she wore home, as well as the blanket she was placed in when they handed her to me.
6. Marathon running...something you'd like to pursue or just plain crazy?
I commend those who do it, but it won't be happening for this chick.
7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Can I choose two things? One would be my husband's spaghetti with homemade gravy (sauce). I could live and die by the stuff.
Another would be my Memaw's fried chicken with green beans, mashed potatoes, collard or turnip greens (with bacon drippings) and fried potatoes with extra pepper. Oh, and sweet tea.
Now I'm starving.
8. Last person you spoke to...annnnnd....go!
9. Favorite childhood toy
It's a tie between my Cabbage Patch dolls and my Barbie doll house (handmade by my Grandad). It had real carpet, a roof made from real shingles, little appliances built into the walls and real wallpaper. Barbie, Ken and Skipper lived like royals in that place.
10. Breakfast cereal of choice
Give me Lucky Charms all the live-long day.