Today has no topic or rhyme or reason. So basically, it's Tuesday.
Here are a few topics for discussion today:
1) Where can I get a whole mess of big cardboard boxes to pack up our house? I know you can purchase them, but I'm looking for a less costly solution (read: FREE). Will warehouses or big stores (i.e. Walmart, Sam's Club, etc.) give you those if you just ask?? I'm not above a dumpster dive.
2) We have to be out of the house by July 15. (Hear that? It's the sound of panic coursing through my veins.)
3) I'm obsessed with Orange is the New Black. If loving a show about a corrupt women's prison is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
4) Stephen was in Minneapolis for work yesterday and so Caroline and I were solo last night. I never sleep that well when he's gone, so I was up pretty much every hour on the clock. Finally, I gave in to insomnia and watched the only thing that was live: QVC.
QVC is funny. You never think that you'd need a pair of light-up, terry cloth house slippers, (you know, for those late-night trips to the fridge), but then they spell out all the reasons why you're crazy if you DON'T order a pair. So, you find yourself Easy-Paying your way (a little Q lingo for ya) to a new pair of house shoes. (And for the record, I did not order anything. But I was tempted. Oh, was I ever tempted.)
5) There was a bat and her baby that took up residence in our garage sometime early in the morning on Monday. I discovered them around noon yesterday and proceeded to flip shiz. NO MA'AM. I don't care if they are harmless and "good for the ecosystem" and whatnot. They're creepy and gross and you won't change my mind. (If you really want to lose sleep, watch this. Then tell me how cute they are.)
I polled my Facebook friends who offered words of advice to get them to leave. I resorted to leaving our garage open last night (with our door locked, of course) in hopes they'd fly out.
And they did.
Thank the good Lord.
Okay, now you tell me what's on your mind! See, it's just like we're two friends having coffee ; )