Come one, come all - it's a special edition of Confessional Friday: easy dinner recipes!
I'll spare y'all the small talk and get to the goods.
|Photo via mypajamadays.com|
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (we use organic)
1 (8 oz.) package thin spaghetti
1 (10.75 oz.) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 oz.) can of Rotel (original flavor)
1/3 block of Velveeta cheese, (we use the 2% milk variety to save a few calories)
|Photo is mine : )|
Chicken Verde Enchiladas
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
1 small can green chiles (chopped)
1/2 block Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened, (we use the 1/3 less fat variety)
2 cups Green Mexican Salsa/Salsa Verde
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
6-8 tortillas, (whole wheat or flour…we used flour)
Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa
1. Boil chicken breasts until done. Shred and cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Mix chicken breasts, cream cheese, green chiles in bowl. Grease the bottom of a 9 x 9 casserole dish and apply a layer of chicken mixture to the bottom of it.
4. Next, layer tortillas on top of chicken mixture. Apply a thin layer of the salsa verde. Then, apply another layer of chicken mixture. Then more tortillas. Then a thin layer of salsa verde. (Notice a pattern here?)
5. Put in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly
6. Remove from oven, top with cheeses and return to oven for 5 minutes
|Photo via meaningfulmama.com|
Baja Taco Burgers
1 cup finely crushed corn chips
1 pouch McCormick original heat Taco Seasoning
1 tsp. onion powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 slices Monterey Jack cheese
Whole wheat buns, split (you can also use white, if that's your jam)
Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato...whatever you want!
1. In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning, onion powder and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into patties. (We get about five patties out of the mixture.)
2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees F and juices run clear.
3. Apply toppings and enjoy!
I can't wait to see what recipes you have in store for me! Annnnnnd...GO!
An InLinkz Link-up