1. So last night was just plain wretched. We went to the country club where our wedding reception is being held to finalize some last-minute details with the food. All went well and we walked out in high spirits when...
My car wouldn't start.
Dead. Gone. Done-zo.
We tried and we tried and we tried to start the darn thing and with no luck; she was a goner.
Finally, we determined it might be the battery. We asked around and it would appear that country club patrons do not carry jumper cables in their vehicles. It's times like last night when I long for my small hometown with good country folk that are always packing jumper cables, multiple spare tires and a wench (not a hoochie, but a thing you use to pull trucks and cars out of the mud.)
We ended up taking a cab back to our house, 20 minutes away to pick up Stephen's truck and a set of jumper cables. After a brief stop at Subway where Stephen ate and I sat and cried, we drove back to the club and jump-started the car.
There really is nothing sadder than a soon-to-be bride bawling her eyes out into a tuna fish sandwich.
2. I managed to snap a pic of my Hogs shirt in the bathroom at the club before we left. You'll notice I'm smiling, so obviously this was BEFORE the battery debaucle. I've made a mini-pledge to wear a Razorback shirt every day this week prior to Saturday's opening season game.
3. I posted this pic on Twitter yesterday, but figured I'd share it with the non-twitterfied world also. Consider it this week's wedding sneak peek...it's me, it's me!
4. Does anyone know when the Pumpkin Spice Latte is making her comeback? I sped into the drive-thru this morning just SURE it was September 1 and was highly disappointed when I had to order my usual vanilla latte.
5. Someone yesterday made a lovely and much-appreciated comment yesterday about the fact that we're serving our reception food buffet style and how it was a little "low class".
6. I wanted to punch her in the face.
7. As to not end on a sour note, let's all rejoice that Monday is the Day of Labor and we can all sleep in. Hoorah and heck yes!
Be blessed, lovelies-