- I’ll probably be hanged for saying this, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take. I confess that I stopped reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I really wanted to like it, but the writing just didn’t do it for me personally. I realize that the draw of this book isn’t the well-conceived plot or the character development, but I need something more than just naughtiness to keep my attention. Don’t get me wrong, I love an, ahem, “adventurous” book, but I can’t put up with a protagonist exclaiming, “double crap!” in every other sentence.
I’m just happy people are reading again, though. And if you’re a fan, read on – there’s
no judgment here.
- I confess that I'm getting a spray tan over lunch today. I apologize in advance to my dear co-workers who will have to smell me : ) We're hosting company this weekend on the lake and boat, so I've got to be tan for the bikini!
- I confess that Stephen and I are obsessed with those murder
mystery shows on I.D. network. Just call us Mamaw and Papaw. We love coming
home and watching those after work. Yes friends, we are that exciting.
- I confess that I enjoy myself some Lifetime movies. Stephen and I watched The Drew Peterson Story movie a month ago and became so consumed with it that we were ticked when the DVR cut it off before the last scene.
- I confess that I’m ready for this presidential election to be over. I’m not about to start a political debate on here, but lawdy mercy! I’m tired of turning on Facebook and seeing nothing but political rants. And I’m also tired of getting those auto-calls from our state senator candidates. I’m aware when voting occurs. I'm a regular voter. But if you auto-call me again, you can be sure I won’t cast my vote for you.
- And finally...the confession to rival all confessions...
I WENT THROUGH A DRIVE-THRU BACKWARD YESTERDAY. I was trying to get a morning coffee at Silver Joe's in Fayetteville and didn't realize that you have to go through counter-clockwise. I had to back up about 20 feet, turn around and go back through correctly. By that time, I was so embarrassed I just said screw it and drove off - red as a beet, I'm sure.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of my life...
I confess that I love you all dearly. Have a fantastic weekend, y'all.
Be blessed, lovelies-