I'm over Trend Watch Wednesday. At least for this week. I told Stephen that writing about spring trends right now made me want to yack. I've been shopping, bought some spring stuff for myself and now I'm over it.
His reaction, "Why do you have to write about clothes and stuff tomorrow? Can't you talk about something else?"
Me, (emphatically and with gusto), "Because it's TREND WATCH WEDNESDAY!!! The schedule! We must stick to the schedule!!"
"Write about something else," he says, "Or just don't write tomorrow."
He cares deeply about the content of this blog, you see.
But I think I'll heed his advice.
Rather than bore us all to tears with pleats and pastels (!!), here's my 'something else':
1. We may have found love for Ari. After combing through a few emails from NWA residents and owners of female dogs, we found a match that we believe could work out well. Her name is KC, she is from Fort Smith and is part German Shepard!
This was Ari's dramatic and moving reaction when I told him that we'd found him a love match.
2. Fear not though, KC, I saw him doing push-ups and crunches in the backyard this morning. Obvi, he is excited and trying to get in shape before their first "date".
3. I'm tired of hearing about NYFW. I mean, I love fashion as much as anyone, but I'm tired of self-proclaimed high-style bloggers pretending they're "SO excited for the Meadham Kirchhoff Fall RTW collection, I can't stand it!".
Honey, you're not there. You're in front of your computer. And pretending you're excited for a collection you can't even pronounce doesn't earn you street cred in any fashion community. Let's be real here. Will any of us actually replicate an outfit like the one below:
|And just think, this is considered "Ready to Wear".|
It'd be a real head-turner at the staff meeting though, wouldn't it.
4. That's why I would consider myself more of an "average girl's fashion blogger". I work on a budge. As Brad Goreski would say, "A low budge." : )
5. And I'm quite sure I've never owned "couture".
6. Unless you consider my Juicy Couture tracksuit, circa 2005. That's the closest I've come to "couture" of any variety.
7. Dance Moms continues to be my favorite show on TV at the moment. I love me some Abby Lee Miller and her scratchy, pack-a-day voice. And hot-rolled hair. Love her.
Aight, that's my "something else". I hope you enjoyed this detour from Trend Watch Wednesday, brought to you in part by Stephen.
Be blessed, lovelies-