Bet y'all thought I had left blogging, huh? Nope, I was just off celebrating the yuletide festivities with the family in central Arkansas. Better late(ish) than never, right ladies? Gaw. This was supposed to be up at 8:00 a.m. sharp this morning, but the bed felt so good that I slept right through my alarm.
I'm off work. So, I suppose that's alright. And really, I'm not sorry.
Anywhoodle, here are some confessions from our Christmas week:
1) Apparently, I'm a gadget dork at heart. I got an iPad for Christmas from my parents! Actually, they got one for me, Stephen and my brother Matthew. And let me tell you, I am addicted already. It's one of the best techy Christmas gifts I've ever received.
2) I really did feel like a kid at Christmas this year. My parents got a TON of snow on Christmas Day, which was just amazing. It had been 86 years since Arkansas had a white Christmas. There was something magical about it that just doesn't happen most years.
3) I wish I still believed in Santa : ( Am I the only one that misses that old man with the white beard? Don't get me wrong, we had a great Christmas. There's just a special component missing and I can't help but think it might be 'ol Saint Nick.
4) I was deflated to learn that Zero Dark Thirty doesn't come to Arkansas until Jan. 11. Apparently it opened in limited release on Dec. 19, but AR is never in the "limited release" territory.
5) I am just sick over this fiscal cliff mess. No matter what side of the political fence you're on, I think we can all agree that this is scary business.
What's on your mind today?
Be blessed, lovelies-