New Year's "Intentions"
Each year, I compile a list of New Year's "intentions": things that I intend to do or achieve, but without the rigidity of the dreaded "resolution". It's basically a resolution list for folks with commitment issues.
You can view my previous "intention" lists here and here. (Apparently, I had no goals to speak of in 2010. I suppose this is because I was busy getting engaged and whatnot!)
For 2013, here are a few things I intend to do, plan, begin, achieve, (insert verb here), etc.
1. I'd like to continue to broaden my circle of friends. This one was on my list last year and I feel like I definitely met that goal. You can never have too many shoes or too many friends. It's just not possible. With my new job I took in March 2012, I made a whole set of new friends. I've also become real life friends with several amazing women I've met through the blogosphere. I've rekindled friendships with girls I knew growing up and it's exciting to see how our lives have evolved! Friends, new and old, enrich our lives and make everything, well, better.
2. Continue to cultivate my writing career. I'd like to continue growing myself as a professional writer, both in my day job as a writer at a PR firm, and also as a freelancer. I've written for quite a few local magazines in the past year or so, but I hope to take things "national" this year. Wish me luck!
3. Drink less coffee. Kidding. Kidding. For the good of all mankind, I will continue drinking copious amounts of caffeine. Without it, I'm like a grizzly bear with an insane case of PMS. Trust me.
4. Host more dinner parties. Lately, I've rediscovered my love for throwing a good fete. I'm a strange bird, but I LOVE the time that goes into perfecting decorations, party favors, music, atmosphere, etc. And, I don't even mind the clean-up process. I get complete satisfaction out throwing together a crazy guest list and seeing all the different personalities interact with one another. Don't call me Martha just yet, though.
5. Learn to light our gas fireplace. Don't y'all dare laugh. This is serious business and I'm terrified of lighting the pilot. Okay.........you can laugh now.
6. Volunteer at our local animal shelter. Recently, my co-workers and I participated in a day of volunteering at various non-profits across NWA. Our team was designated for the Fayetteville Animal Services Shelter. That day, our company paid for the adoptions of EVERY animal in the shelter. It was so amazing to know that we saved the lives of over 30 pets that day. I have such a passion for our four-legged friends and hope to spend many more days at the animal shelter this year.
7. Really participate and enjoy NWA Fashion Week. Last year, I had a pretty major surgery that kept me out of commission for most of FW, save for the article that Citiscapes very graciously allowed me to write! I was able to catch only a couple shows, but this year...oh, it's on! I've already recruited a dear friend to tag along with me for the week. And to all the boutiques out there: I'm a very affordable runway model ; ) Call me, maybe? Ha!
Okay, this is the part where you tell me what you "intend" to do in 2013. Ready...set...go!
P.S.- Stay safe tonight, y'all. Live it up, but do it wisely and safely : ) That's my southern momma advice for the day.
Be blessed, lovelies-