You know, that amazing manna from heaven?
Well, since college football started back last night, I felt it fitting to throw some dip at'cha. Here are a few of my very favorite dip recipes that you can often find the hubs and me devouring on any given game day:
Nothin' Fancy Dip
- 1 can of chili (we like Wolf brand)
- 1 block Philadelphia cream cheese
- Half a small bag of sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1. Coat the bottom and sides of a 9 x 9 glass dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Melt the cream cheese in the microwave until it's soft and lump free, so that you can easily spread it.
3. Spread melted cream cheese onto the bottom of the dish.
4. Top that layer with the entire can of chili, spreading evenly. Top THAT layer with the cheddar.
5. Now, put the dish uncovered into the microwave for 2.5 minutes or so, until cheese is bubbly.
You can thank me later.
|Oh, give me a home dip, where the buffalo roam...|
(Photo via recipleaser.com)
Buffalo Chicken Dip
|Tell me this doesn't make you wanna dive in face first. |
(photo via Food Network)
- 1/2 - cup mayonnaise
- 1 - 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 - cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 2 - green onions, finely chopped
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 8 - Ritz crackers, crushed
- 8 - slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I prefer center-cut bacon for its thickness.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, green onions and cayenne pepper.
3. Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish.
4. Top mixture with cracker crumbs and bake for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon.
6. Serve immediately with corn chips, bagel chips or crackers.
Sufficiently hungry yet?
If the InLinkz tool is not working, (and it rarely does), just leave your link in the comments!