‘Ello, you fancy faces!
Everyone have a good weekend? Mine was a whirlwind, as we headed to Heber Springs on Saturday for my little brother’s wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and I’ll definitely share a few pics as soon as the bride and groom have a chance to do so first! (That was my biggest pet peeve when Stephen and I got married…peeps sharing photos all over creation before we had a chance to share them ourselves!)
Today is a mish mash of random pregnancy thoughts with a review of the Whitney English planner coming tomorrow, so stay tuned for that.
- Let it be known that today is the day I shall order my first pair of maternity pants. After spending five minutes grunting and pulling and sweating while trying to get a pair of regular dress slacks on for work, I threw in the proverbial towel. (I mean, y’all, my eyes were watering, it was so painful trying to get those suckers on this morning.) I’ll be hitting up ASOS this afternoon to purchase a couple pair of pants to get me through this next nine or ten weeks.
At nearly 29 weeks, I think it’s about time. I’ve held on as long as I can. But the jig is up.
In case you’re wondering about this morning’s wardrobe debacle, I found one of my old standby pencil skirts from Savoir-Faire, rolled it down to hip level, threw a BeBand on top of it and it worked seamlessly. Crisis solved.
- It’s funny, but I honestly feel so much better in this third trimester than I did in that horrific first and (mostly) second. I’ll take the puffiness and swollen ta-ta’s ANY DAY over those 22 weeks of nausea and puking. (I’ve heard this is common for lots of gals that had rough first trimesters.)
- I have a feeling outfit posts are quickly coming to an end. I’m getting to that point where I feel not…um…cute. I have a couple outfits from Riffraff and one from Maude that I’m DYING to share with you girls, but after that, well…I think it’s time for a an outfit pic break : )
- I’m starting to get a little nervous about maternity leave. I know that sounds absurd, but I’m hoping I don’t get cabin fever being at home with Miss Priss all day. Don’t get me wrong, I’m SO excited to bond with the babe and just enjoy being a mom for a few months, but I think I’m going to miss seeing my work pals and tackling projects, too. Any other working moms feel like this before going on leave?
- With that said, I’m stoked that we conceived when we did because this means I’ll have the best three holiday-filled months to be home! My SIL Sarah was also home from mid-October through early January with her youngest and LOVED it. She was able to really enjoy and savor every moment of planning and decorating and shopping with her newest addition.
And that, folks, is all that this blogger wrote.