|via Style Me Pretty|
It's finally Christmas Eve, Eve! Tonight, we'll be heading to Stephen's parents' house for a 2 night stay, then off to my parents house in Central AR for a night.
I didn't do a link-up today, just pressed for time this week and haven't had a moment of spare time to sort all that out. It'll be back next week though, so join in for Confessional Friday.
1. I'm still not finished with my shopping : ) Hey, until midnight on 12/25/11, I'm still golden. Besides there's something to be said for being a part of the last minute hustle and bustle of the stores...I like it.
2. I feel like Christmas came early for me on September 17, 2011 when we got married. That day was the ultimate gift, really. Shopping for "stuff" has been harder than usual this year, only because everything seems so trivial after a life-changing event like getting married.
3. I had fun buying toys and teeny clothes for our baby nephews and niece for Christmas. This does NOT make me want little ones anymore than I did before, but I do think we'll be the aunt and uncle that spoil our nieces and nephews rotten : )
4. I've never been so relieved to have something over than the Pen Pal match-up. The last match was sent yesterday...whew! I don't believe I'll be doing that again, so y'all better get along real good with your match, ha!
5. We've watched Elf no fewer than 4 times this month.
6. This week, I discovered the joys of cooking with wine. A splash here, a Tablespoon there and a few sips in-between. Our food tastes miles better and I'm pretty sure I feel like Emeril Lagasse in the kitchen, all cool and professional and whatnot.
7. I'm terrified to light our pilot light in the fireplace. Like, scared stiff. Stephen does it and it makes this big 'poof!' noise. I watched an episode of Nip/Tuck years ago where some lady got her face seared when she lit a kitchen stove pilot. Ever since then, I've been skiddish about lighting a pilot light.
Y'all have a great Christmas.
Be blessed, lovelies-