1. I confess that I am sick of puking, (no pun intended). Morning sickness, (or all day sickness, in my case), is for the birds. Caroline, if you're listening, please give mommy a break : )
3. I confess that being a mom excites me to no end. It also terrifies me. And worries me. And makes me so happy that I feel I might burst.
4. I confess that before Stephen and I got married, I never really had notions of becoming a mom. In fact, I was that chick making a quick exit at the baby showers when everybody started passing the baby around, ha!
5. I also confess that I can't imagine not having kids with Stephen. Something about meeting someone that you love more than life itself...well, it makes you want to create little someones with that person.
6. I confess that changing other children's dirty diapers makes me gag. In fact, I've only done it a few times. I'm told this changes though when the kiddo is your own. I think the good Lord must give us strength to raise our own babies. And change their stinky diapers.
7. I confess that I have no clue how to make a bottle or swaddle a baby.
8. I confess that I will not be taking bare belly maternity pics. That's fine for anyone else - hey, to each her own - but this chica isn't participating. No ma'am. Not something the world needs to see from me.
9. I confess that Stephen and I text back and forth daily about the exciting things that we'll get to do with our baby girl. First trip to Reynolds Stadium for a Hogs game, first trip to Rick's Bakery for donuts on Saturday morning, first trip to her Grandpa Lacy's farm...the list goes on. Good thing we have a long time to fit it all in.
10. I confess that the thought of breast feeding scares the mess out of me. (Can I admit that? Sure. It's Confessional Friday.) I mean, you are a walking dairy case. And a source of food for a living being. And those are my boobs! (Okay, enough. I'll stop. I just had to get that off my chest.) Pun intended.
11. I confess that each piece of unsolicited advice that I receive about our child makes me want to punch that advice giver in the face.
12. I confess that I started crying yesterday just staring at the sweet ultrasound photo on my phone. It's a feeling like no other to know that you helped create that face, that body, that beating heart.
13. I confess that, at this moment, I have a baby fluttering in my tummy, a puppy asleep on my lap, a husband laughing hysterically at a re-run of The Office...and he's begging me to stop blogging and hang out with him.
And frankly, who could say no to that?